The Lazarus Workshop
The #LazarusWorkshop is a one day actors workshop with award-winning
Lazarus Theatre Company on Shakespeare’s text.
1) In the workshop, we will give you a practical and detailed approach of how to breakdown that all important Shakespearean monologue.
2) We will use practical exercises to get the text from the page onto the stage.
3) We will apply the Lazarus text process to your own Shakespeare or Early Modern audition speech.
4) And finally work as an ensemble in performing, delivering and communicating Shakespeare’s words.
★★★★★ "This remains a visionary company who have once again brought us a stunning and thoughtful adaptation. Not to be missed.”
View from the Gods on Tamburlaine the Great, 2015
By the end of the process you will be able to:
· Analyse Shakespeare's text using the Lazarus textual process and apply this process to a range of texts
· Perform a Shakespearean soliloquy with a focus on textual accuracy and clarity of meaning.
· Demonstrate how ensemble work can help to unlock the Shakespearean text.
The workshop costs just £30, this includes one to one direction, group ensemble training and practical text analysing skills. The session is ideal for those applying for drama school, recent graduates, and actors looking to brush up on their Shakespeare skills.
Date Friday 26th May
Time 10.30am - 5pm
Venue The Mission, Sell A Door, Deptford, SE8 3BT
Workshop Cost £30
“If you know anyone unsure of Shakespeare then take them
to see this and have them fall in love!"
Whats on Stage on Macbeth 2011